Sunday, September 18, 2011

Hard Knock Life

Being sleep deprived is really hard.
Being a parent is relentless.
Toddlers are very demanding!

This too shall pass....... and all too bloody quickly by the look of all the kids I know!  Where have those babies gone?  Where has my baby gone?  He's all toddler now.

Marching around busy, busy, busy throwing this there and shoving that here and pulling that down there and pushing this up here and hiding this and that, here and there.

I'd definitely like the company, someone to observe him with me and laugh with pride at his busy achievements.  But then I'd have liked someone with me before his arrival too, to laugh with pride at my busy achievements!


Wanting a shoulder rub, a pat on the back and an encouraging thumbs up is only natural.

Being alone in it is sometimes lonely.  Its a feeling that comes and then passes.  Its a feeling that sometimes comes even when you're not alone.  Being exhausted and tired is often mistaken for loneliness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment