Monday, October 5, 2009

Priceless

Some women get dinner and a movie, some even get the luxury of an orgasm to boot! I get to lie legs akimbo in a sterilized hospital and then get slapped with a $4k bill. Needless to say I'm feeling rather sorry for myself. However, as I'm a glass half full kindda gal, I have to admit that although this has been the hardest decision of my life, the learning, support and laughter I've had along the way make me feel pretty blessed.

It all started from an abnormal pap smear (just lost my male audience there didn't I?) well actually it started before that when my cheating liar of a husband walked out on me at 32, just around the time we started talking about having a family. Though I love to blame him and take every opportunity do so, I have since done plenty of work on myself and have hopefully, proverbially moved on. In reality I simply loved him very much and wish he'd had the courage and desire to stay and fight for our relationship. My heart shattered and its taken a fair bit of time, discipline and glue to get back on track.... which is why I missed a pap smear or two. Anyway where was I, Oh yes, my abnormal pap smear (Ladies DON'T ever miss a pap smear).

Abnormal anything in doctor speak is scary, they throw big words around together with snippets like, in case, just to be sure and not to worry and then litter the conversation with Greek words like carcinoma (well come on, I may not be no oxford graduate but even I know what that means.... carpe diem before your diems cark it). It all seems to happen faster than you can swipe your medicare card and next thing you know you're on the operating table under full anasthetic having some charming doc burn, lascerate and chop bits out of you.

Once the fall outs over (boom boom) the pains gone, you no longer have to waddle cause you're not wearing a nappy anymore and you're back to nearly feeling human, your Dr tells you not to wait too long to start having children......



Really?
Wow!
7 years at medical school teach you that did it?

Cause I wouldn't have guessed that. No, no, its not like my biological clock hasn't been clobbering me about the head since I was in my late 20's! Its not been on my mind for the last decade. I haven't melted into a ball of cooing sweetness at every child I've passed, burped or held since I was a girl.

Thanks for that doc.
Sorry how much?
Do you take Mastercard.................... cause that was priceless!



No comments:

Post a Comment