Thursday, August 25, 2011

Doctor Doctor

I thought perhaps it was time I posted some links to help with some of the logistics of single parent fertility seeing as thats what my blog is meant to be about.

There are a number of clinics in Australia that do this kind of thing and its becoming more and more common thus easier and easier to find. I went through the great team @ Fertility East here in Sydney. http://www.fertilityeast.com.au/. They provide you with all the information you could possibly need as well as counseling and support groups.

This is where you can read the current legal jargon (naturally this is subject to change depending on government policy) http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/hospitals/phc/art.asp.

I'd also like to take a moment to thank my doctor, Dr Polly Peres who is sadly no longer practicing. She was almost entirely responsible for the whole event. She was ever so pro active about my wombs hospitality and helped me create a womb with a view boom! boom! She was also the one who removed my eggs, the docs at Fertility East inseminated them and then Dr Peres popped the right fertilized egg back. She impregnated me, and though it lacked romance, it certainly wasn't awkward or uncomfortable. Its thanks to her that Sonny is here today and I am forever in her debt for being so bloody terrific at her job. I hope that she knows how many lives she has brought into the world and how many lives she has improved because of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment