Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Fathers Day

It's fathers day this weekend here in Oz. We're like the US not the UK calendar wise.
I didn't have the presence of mind last year to notice it but now that Sonny actually sleeps for more than 2hrs in a row I'm aware that it's fathers day.

How will Fathers Days bode with us Sonny? Will we crash Uncle Bill or Uncle Aaron's parties? Will I tell your Childcare/pre-school teachers that you're still to make cards and craft gifts but for me? Aha, do I double up and get an extra mothers day? There's room to argue the justice in that...... But no, I think not. Do we save your Fathers day paraphernalia and one day hand it all to your biological father in a shoe box?

Perhaps by the time you're old enough to care there will be a father figure.

I think we'll take it one day at a time and talk about it together in age appropriate language when the moment arrives......

Happy Fathers Day to all the fathers out there including my own xx

No comments:

Post a Comment